I call this pizza sauce “lazy” because it’s super easy, plus it uses canned tomatoes and a couple of already-mixed seasoning blends. This one is great for weeknight cooking and picky eaters. One of my friends who is one of the pickiest eaters on the planet loves this sauce.
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 can tomato paste
- A few (3ish) cloves garlic, minced
- About 1/4 to 1/3 medium onion, minced
- 1 packet Good Seasons zesty Italian salad dressing & recipe mix
- 1 tbsp McCormick salt free all purpose seasoning
- Kosher Salt – start with 1tsp and add more as needed.
Toss everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste it and adjust the seasonings as needed. Transfer to a pot and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don’t skip the simmering, it makes a difference!
Blender Note: I have the Vitamix 750 and I used the “frozen” setting for about 20 seconds. Nothing was frozen, but I knew 20 seconds of that would give me what I needed. You could also use an immersion blender instead.
Too salty or garlicky? Add a little bit of sugar to rebalance it.