I make pretty good “regular” deviled eggs, and occasionally I like to mix it up and do something different. My bestie got me a deviled egg transporter for my birthday, which I desperately needed. The last time I transported deviled eggs to a party, it was kind of a disaster. I used the carrier for the first time yesterday, and all of the eggs stayed in place!
My foolproof method for making boiled eggs (actually, I have to give a friend credit for this one) is to put the eggs into a wok, cover with salty water, bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn the heat off, cover, and leave them undisturbed for 15 minutes. Let the eggs cool.
Deviled Eggs With Bacon Pepper Jam
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp yellow mustard
- Tastefully Simple bacon pepper jam
- Hard boil eggs. Transfer to a bowl of ice water and let cool completely.
- Peel eggs.
- Cut each egg in half, and empty yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Add ¼ cup mayo and 4 tsp mustard. Mix well, until smooth. Look at the texture and taste it. Add more mayo or mustard as needed. If it’s crumbly, add more mayo. If it’s bland, add more mustard.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture and pipe filling into each egg. (If you don't have a piping bag, use a large Ziploc bag and cut the corner off.)
- Top each egg with a small amount of bacon pepper jam.