Confession: I didn’t make these completely from scratch. Nope. I used a box of Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix as the base. Just didn’t feel like fooling with the cocoa powder and everything. I think if I make these again, I will probably use regular dried cherries instead of the candied ones to give them a stronger cherry flavor.
Cherry & Brandy Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Parchment paper
- 1 box Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 8 oz container candied cherries chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour brownie mix into a mixing bowl (I used the stand mixer, as usual).
- Add oil and brandy and mix until just blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until well-incorporated.
- Stir in cherries.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a 13×9 pan with parchment paper. (Using parchment paper instead of greasing the pan is convenient because when they’re done you can pull the entire sheet of brownies out (wait for them to cool first), cut them, and put them pack into the pan.)
- Pour batter into pan, and bake for about 28 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick (if you’re not sure if you hit undone batter or a melted chocolate chip, test a few spots).