I love pimento cheese! We had pimento cheese sandwiches quite a bit as kids. Every time I see a dish with pimento cheese on a restaurant menu (fritters, burgers, dip, etc.), I’m probably going to order it. Most stores sell pimento cheese dip in the prepared food section, but I find it hard to find it made like I remember having when I was a child. Plus, it’s cheaper to make your own! This is great to eat as a spread on crackers, or it can be warmed in the oven and eaten as a warm dip. I’m putting it on crostini later (with other ingredients) for an appetizer.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise Duke's recommended
- 2 tbsp diced pimentos
- ½ tsp Tabasco
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat cream cheese using a stand mixer or hand mixer until it’s no longer lumpy. If using a stand mixer, use the flat beater.
- Add mayo and beat again until cream cheese and mayo are well-blended.
- Add pimentos and Tabasco and stir to combine.
- Add shredded cheddar, one cup at a time, stirring after adding each cup. Stir until all ingredients are combined.