I tried to make a tortellini soup in the slow cooker a few years ago after seeing it on one of those Facebook videos. The recipe called for cream cheese, which never really did anything but become a chunky mess. It was definitely a fail. I’ve wanted to make my own version (that would actually work out) ever since. I put this in the crock pot this morning, and it was ready in time for lunch.
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato & Tortellini Soup
- Combine all ingredients except heavy cream and spinach in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours (just check to see if the tortellini are done. An hour might even be sufficient, but I didn’t check it after an hour).
- Stir in the heavy cream and spinach.
- Let it cook for about another 10-15 minutes, or until the spinach has thawed and heated to the temperature of the soup.
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese.