One of my friends hosted a potluck brunch last weekend. This was originally supposed to be a filling for crescent roll spirals similar to these buffalo chicken spirals I made before. That turned out to be a disaster. I spread the filling onto the crescent roll dough, rolled it up. and it didn’t hold up when I went to slice it into spirals. It probably would have worked if I went with another shape and not a spiral. I think the spiral failed because both the filling and the dough were too warm. So, this became a dip, and a very good one!
I served this with Town House pita chips, but it would also be good with pretty much any cracker or tortilla chips.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using the link (more information).
Italian Chicken & Spinach Dip
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cup thawed frozen spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ small onion grated
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake the chicken breast, covered with aluminum foil so it doesn’t get hard on top. Shred with a fork when it’s done, and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese for about 1 minute using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or hand mixer.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano, basil, and dill. Beat for about another minute until everything is well-combined.
- Add the mozzarella, spinach, chicken. Stir on a low speed to combine.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes, or until dip is warmed through. Stir before serving.