Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using the link (more information).
I made these yesterday as a late lunch / early dinner. They also make a great appetizer, a filling for lettuce wraps, or skewers. If making them for dinner, they can be served with yellow rice and grilled veggies.
I made them in my Le Creuset grill pan because I didn’t want to preheat the grill just for shrimp. If you’re using a grill, I recommend grilling these on skewers or in a grill basket do they don’t fall through the grate.
Sweet & Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- Grill or grill pan
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- ⅔ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp sriracha plus more to taste
- Lightly coat grill or grill pan in high heat cooking spray. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Move to step 2 while grill preheats.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and sriracha. Start with 1 tsp of the crushed red pepper and ½ tsp of the sriracha. Taste and add more of each until desired spiciness is reached, but keep in mind it’ll get a little spicier as the shrimp cook.
- In a large bowl, coat the shrimp in half of the sauce. Reserve the rest of the sauce for later.
- Grill shrimp about 2-3 minutes per side, until they’re opaque. Remove the shrimp from the grill and brush with more sauce. You can also serve the rest of the sauce on the side for dipping, if desired.
Leave a Reply