My boyfriend and I got together with some friends last weekend. We went out for a few drinks on the water, and came back to have pulled pork that he’d had in the slow cooker all day. I offered to bring slaw to go with the pulled pork, and I also brought the cheese spaetzle to reheat.
I typically don’t care for Greek yogurt, and it’s definitely not what I’d pick to eat with my breakfast in the morning. I’ve discovered that plain Greek yogurt is great for making dressings. It adds a nice tang to dressing. I’m also very picky about my coleslaw. This is probably going to be my new go-to slaw recipe. I’m always afraid my slaw is going to be bland, or the flavors won’t work out well together, but this was just the opposite! I packed it with leftover pulled pork in my lunch this week.
Coleslaw with Greek Yogurt
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, white pepper, and celery salt until well-combined.
- Stir in the minced onion.
- Remove the slaw mix from the bag and transfer to a large mixing bowl (a vintage Pyrex 444 is perfect for this).
- Pour dressing over the slaw mix and stir with a spatula until the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate until serving, and stir before serving if it’s been in the fridge.