I can’t take all of the credit for the delicious chicken you see pictured. My boyfriend first made this for me a year ago. I was a little skeptical that I’d like it since I’m not a huge fan of balsamic vinegar, but I loved it. It had just enough balsamic to give it some additional flavor without being overpowering. We made this together last night and served it with grilled green beans and parmesan basil orzo (actually, he made the chicken and green beans and I made the orzo).
Grilled Chicken Caprese
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for several hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill. Grill the chicken on each side until it’s cooked all the way through.
- Coat one side of a piece of aluminum foil in cooking spray. Place foil onto grill, with the side coated in cooking spray facing up.
- Transfer the chicken to the aluminum foil. Top each piece with mozzarella, tomato slices, and 2-3 leaves basil. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Close the grill lid and cook for a few minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Transfer to plates or serving platter. Garnish with remaining fresh basil. Drizzle with more balsamic vinegar if desired.