I made these lettuce wraps for a light dinner the other night. The filling is similar to the sweet & spicy shrimp, but it’s not spicy. They would have been good with some crispy rice noodles. You could add some sriracha to these to give them a little kick. The flavor was great, but unfortunately they didn’t photograph very well. Oh well!
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Servings: 4 lettuce wraps
- ½ lb raw peeled shrimp chopped into medium pieces
- 2 tsp minced onion (fresh onion, not dried)
- 3 tbsp diced water chestnuts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- 4 pieces large leaf lettuce
- Combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Coat with a small amount of sesame oil. Add the shrimp, onion, and water chestnuts.
- Add the sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until shrimp are cooked through.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve in lettuce leaves (it’s best if they are assembled one at a time when eating so the lettuce doesn’t get warm.)
Leave a Reply