Grilling is a great way to end the week. I made these last night for dinner, and a friend came by for a late dinner and some cocktails and enjoyed some of these, too. The marinade is very simple, and if you don’t have a lemon pepper seasoning, you could easily make it with lemon zest and pepper.
If you don’t have a grill, you could also make these in the oven on a sheet pan. I’d recommend cooking them at 375-400 degrees in the oven.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation when a purchase is made using the link (more information).
Lemon Pepper Chicken Kabobs
Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Cut chicken breasts into similarly-sized pieces for the skewers. Place in an airtight container or zip-top bag and set aside.
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Pour marinade into the container with the chicken. Seal the container and transfer to the refrigerator. Marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- While the grill is preheating, cut the pepper and onion into skewer-sized pieces.
- Assemble the skewers with alternating pieces of chicken, pepper, and onion.
- Coat the grill grates in high-heat cooking spray.
- Grill the skewers on direct heat for about 10 minutes, turning every few minutes so they don’t burn.
- Transfer the skewers to indirect heat and cook for about another 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. (Note: Depending on your particular grill and how big you cut the chicken pieces, they may need more cooking time.)