I recently asked my social media followers for some recipe requests. One of the requests was for more vegetable recipes. I make veggies a good bit, but I’m not so great at remembering to write down the recipes so I remember to blog them. I’ll try to get better at that!
I was out to dinner with a group of girlfriends one night and we didn’t realize two people at the table ordered the Brussels sprouts appetizer. We didn’t think we’d be able to finish both plates, but once we started eating we thought we’d have to fight over the last bite. They were crispy and full of flavor, with a little bit of char from being roasted. I wanted to try to make something similar at home.
I think these would be really good with some bacon. They’d also be a really good Thanksgiving side dish! I still have a bunch of the sprouts left in the fridge, so I’ll need to try a round two one night this week with some bacon.
Parmesan & Garlic Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut the stems off of the Brussels sprouts.
- Slice the sprouts using the slicing disc of a food processor. (Scroll down to notes section for a link to a video if you don't have a food processor.)
- Transfer the sliced sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, salt, and ¾ cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with 1 to 3 tbsp of olive oil. I just eyeball it. You want enough to get them all coated once stirred. Start with about 1 tbsp, then increase as needed after stirring everything well to coat.
- Line a sheet pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Spread the sprouts in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Place baking sheet on a rack in the center of the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Stir the sprouts and return to the oven. Roast for approximately 10 more minutes until the sprouts are crispy.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.