My riding club had a horse show a few weeks ago. Several chapters of the club get together for the show, and we usually have a chili potluck lunch. I signed up to bring a crock pot of chili and some cornbread. I was scrambling to get everything together for the show (for me and my horse) the day before, so I didn’t get started on these until almost 9pm. My original plan was to make jalapeno cheddar cornbread because the others who signed up were going to bring sweeter varieties. That was a great plan until I realized I was out of cheddar cheese. I didn’t feel like running to the store because it was already late and I had to get up around 5:00 the next morning. I had mozzarella cheese, so I thought a rosemary mozzarella variety would be good. I made these as mini muffins for easier handling at the horse show.
Rosemary & Mozzarella Corn Muffins
- Muffin tin
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add milk and egg. Stir all ingredients together. It will be a bit lumpy.
- Let the batter rest for about 4 minutes, then stir.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.