You won’t be crabby in the morning if you start your day off with these crabby mini quiches! My mom and I always go to G&M Restaurant for crab imperial when she comes to visit. They have the best crab imperial, hands down! The portions are so generous that we always have some left over. Our tradition has been to use the leftovers in an omelette or quiche on Christmas morning. These mini quiches can be made with crabmeat, leftover crab cakes, or leftover crab imperial (just be careful how long you keep those seafood leftovers). I made homemade pie crust for these, but store bought is also fine. The dishes in the picture are vintage McKee deviled crab shells.
Crabby Mini Breakfast Quiches
A delicious way to use leftover crab cakes, leftover crab imperial, or just fresh crabmeat.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pie crust
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp minced onion (fresh, not dried)
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup crabmeat, leftover crab cake, or leftover crab imperial
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease each tart dish or ramekin. Cut out pie crust for individual quiches and line each dish with crust. Cover each crust with aluminum foil. If you have pie weights, place them on top of the aluminum foil to weight it down.
- Bake crusts for 10 minutes. They will not be completely cooked. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, except for the crab and cheese. Once combined the other ingredients are well-combined, stir in the crab and cheese.
- Remove the pie weights and aluminum foil from the dishes.
- Fill each dish with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. (Tip: Place the dishes onto a sheet pan for easily getting them in and out of the oven.)
Leave a Reply