This tangy homemade steak sauce is ready in just 15 minutes and is made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Even when we aren’t empty grocery store shelves from people panic-buying everything, I usually make my own steak sauce. I made this the other night to go with grilled strip steaks and mixed vegetables. The recipe makes about 2.5 cups, which we used about half of for 2 servings of strip steak.
Homemade Steak Sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried minced onion (or ½ tsp onion powder)
- pinch black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.