I love cinnamon! I recently got a donut pan, and I made these vanilla donuts from Easy As Apple Pie as my first foray into baked donut making. I highly recommend that recipe for a light, airy baked donut that’s also super simple to make. I loved the airiness of the vanilla donuts. This time around, I wanted something with more density and maybe a little sour cream. I ended up using Greek yogurt because my Greek yogurt expires before my sour cream, and I wanted to save the sour cream for potential chili or tacos this week!
This post may contain affiliate links. I receive compensation when a purchase is made using an affiliate link (more information).
Cinnamon Sour Cream Baked Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon until well-combined.
- Stir in sugar and baking soda.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Stir in ½ cup of the flour, incorporating well before stirring in the remaining ½ cup.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag with a large tip.
- Pipe batter into the donut pan, filling each compartment no more than halfway.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until donuts spring back to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make the glaze by whisking together the cream and powdered sugar.
- Dip each donut in the glaze, and twist as you remove it, then dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture.