This post may contain affiliate links. I receive compensation for purchases made using affiliate links (more information).
Fresh cherries! I love making cherry pie with fresh cherries. The filling is so gooey and delicious, and it’s easy to make. Individual desserts are always fun, too. I made these in my Le Creuset mini cocottes, but you could make these in any large ramekins. If your ramekins are smaller, this recipe might yield more than 4 servings. I used the stoneware mini cocottes for these, but they also make cast iron versions.
Mini Cherry Pies
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Stir in the tbsp flour. Continue cooking until it's a dark blond color, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, water, cherries, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute. Reduce to low and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and set filling aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out pie crust.
- Fill each ramekin with the pie filling.
- Cut pie crusts to fit over the top of each ramekin.
- Cover each pie with a piece of crust, crimping edges to the sides of the ramekin.
- Cut small slits in the center of the crust.
- Combine 1 tbsp water with 1 egg. Brush the top of each pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with more sugar if desired.
- Transfer ramekins to a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown (begin checking at 15 minutes).