This post may contain affiliate links. I receive compensation from purchases made through affiliate links (more information).
The recipe for these M&M cookies is based on my candy bar cookie recipe. The candy bar cookies are the recipe I used to finally crack the code of baking an incredibly soft cookie. If you’re interested in why these cookies are so soft, I explain the baking science in my post for the candy bar cookies. I’m going to use this recipe as the base for my chocolate chip cookies going forward! If you love soft cookies, also try these soft snickerdoodle cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Microwave butter for 45 seconds (it will be partially melted).
- Cream together butter and brown sugar on medium speed until mixture gets light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add egg and mix until fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Mix in vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Add flour a half cup at a time and mix until all flour is incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form dough into balls and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.