These spicy honey dijon roasted carrots are a quick and easy side for a weeknight dinner or special occasion. The sweet and spicy glaze elevates the flavor to perfectly complement the carrots’ natural sweetness. Nobody will know they took less than 30 minutes and only 6 ingredients to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. I receive compensation from purchases made through affiliate links (more information).
These roasted carrots are so easy to make! Here are some tips and notes:
- I leave the skin on when I make them, but you can peel them if you prefer.
- You don’t necessarily need to cut the carrots if they aren’t really thick. My store always seems to have rainbow carrots on the thicker side, so I usually need to cut them.
- Try to cut the carrots into pieces that are even in size, which will make them cook evenly.
- You can leave the green tops on if your carrots have them, but I recommend trimming them so they’re a bit short.
- If you don’t want them to be spicy, leave out the crushed red pepper and add some garlic instead. 1-2 cloves minced should do the trick.
Recommended main dishes to make with these carrots:
- Short Ribs: 11 recipe ideas here
- Roasted Chicken: Million Dollar Roasted Chicken from Sweet Tea & Thyme or Instant Pot Whole Chicken from Sweet & Savory Meals
- Pork Chops: Easy Baked Pork Chops from Little Sunny Kitchen or Garlic Butter Pork Chops (ready in just 15 minutes) from The Forked Spoon
Spicy Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots
- Combine the dijon mustard, honey, and crushed red pepper and set aside.¼ cup Dijon mustard, ¼ cup honey, ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Cut carrots into pieces about 4 inches long and 1 inch thick. It's OK if these sizes aren't totally feasible with the carrots you have.2 pounds rainbow carrots
- Place carrots in a large mixing bowl. Coat with the olive oil and salt. Transfer the carrots to a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Set the bowl aside (you will need it later).2 tbsp olive oil, 1¼ tsp kosher salt
- Place an oven rack on the second position from the top. Place the baking sheet on that rack and broil for about 5 minutes. Use low broil if your oven has high and low broil settings.
- Remove the carrots from the oven. Flip/stir the carrots. It's OK if some carrots are stubborn and don't want to stay on the flipped side. Return the carrots to the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the carrots and transfer them back to the large mixing bowl (tip: use tongs). Pour the dijon, honey, and red pepper mixture over the carrots. Stir with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Return the carrots to the baking sheet and broil for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the oven. Flip/stir the carrots. It's OK if some carrots are stubborn and don't want to stay on the flipped side. Return the carrots to the oven for another 4 minutes.