This page lists some of my favorite things I use in the kitchen.
Disclaimer – This page includes affiliate links. I receive compensation from purchases made using those links.
Electric Gadgets & Small Appliances
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer – This thing is one of the most-used items in my kitchen. It’s so versatile and can be used for much more than mixing cake batter.
- Vitamix Professional Series 750 – The best blender I’ve ever owned. If this one is out of your price range, check out other Vitamix models or the Ninja.
- Immersion Blender (Cuisinart) – Great for pureeing soups and sauces on the stovetop.
- KitchenAid 14-cup Food Processor – Why do I have this if I already have a stand mixer and a Vitamix? Some things are just easier to do in the food processor (for example, pie crust). Its also nice to have this to use when I’m using the Vitamix and stand mixer at the same time for other things.
- WeMo Wifi Crock Pot – Controlled by an app on your phone!
Cookware & Bakeware
If you’re searching for new pots and pans, the main tip I have is make sure you get ones that are oven safe! You may not think you’ll need that feature, but believe me – it’s great to be able to sear a filet on the stovetop and put it in the oven in the same pan. If you’re looking for just the essentials, get a stock pot, saute pan, and a saucepan.
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven (6.75 quart) – I could definitely get by with a smaller one, but it’s nice to have the capacity when making stock with a whole turkey carcass. A smaller round one is on my wish list though.
- Le Creuset Braiser (5 quart) – One of my new favorite things! I use it for short ribs and pulled pork. I also use it as a substitute for my saute pan when I need more room (example – big batches of pie filling).
- Calphalon Stainless Steel Cookware – I’m really not a fan of most nonstick cookware (“not a fan” is actually a big understatement), so I chose stainless. The set I’ve linked isn’t exactly what we have, but it’s similar. Mine more pieces – I think it was a 13-piece set.
- AirBake Cookie Sheet – Perfect size for a Silpat.
- Le Creuset Mini Cocottes – I use these all the time for mini mac & cheese, french onion soup, mini chicken pot pies, and more. They’re also fun to display in the kitchen. (The ones I’ve linked are stoneware, not cast iron. Don’t use on a burner! Oven and microwave are fine.)
- Vintage Pyrex – I like the fun patterns of the vintage Pyrex, plus I feel like it’s better quality than what’s made today.
Stand Mixer Accessories
- Glass Mixer Bowl – This is great for pouring batters into pans. The lid also makes convenient to make things in advance and transfer the bowl directly to the fridge. It’s also nice to have two mixer bowls when I’m making a lot of food for a big dinner or party.
- Flex Edge Beater – Scrapes the bowl as you mix. No more stopping to scrape the bowl!
- Ice Cream Maker
- Pasta Roller & Cutters (Spaghetti & Fettuccini)
- iSi Flex-It Measuring Cups – These are so much better than regular liquid measuring cups. It’s so much easier to pour with these.
- iSi Pro Tongs 9 Inch – These are really great tongs. Very durable! One edge is jagged to make gripping tricky foods easier. I also have the iSi Pro Tongs 12 inch.
- Silpat Silicone Baking Mats – No need to grease a cookie sheet. These are also good for making candies and hardened sugar stuff. Basically great for anything that will stick.
Get whatever knives feel good to you and fit your budget. Just please promise me that you’ll keep them sharp, you won’t put them in the dishwasher, and you won’t use the blade side to scrape things off of your cutting board (just flip the knife over to the non-blade side to move your ingredients around!) Consider a block set if you’re just getting started, and make sure you handle them to see if you like the feel. These are my two most favorite knives:
Storage and Such
- OXO Pop Containers
- Le Creuset Salt Crock – I use kosher salt (David’s, specifically) a ton, so I like to keep some available on my counter all the time.
These are the apps I use so often I have them on the first screen of my phone.
- Paprika Recipe Manager – I have this on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. I use it to manage all of my recipes and save other recipes I love.
- Chefling – Integrates with Amazon Echo. This is where I keep track of everything in my pantry. I will never make the mistake of buying cinnamon at the grocery store 5 weeks in a row again.
- Vivino Wine Scanner – Scan wine labels to get ratings or rate a wine. I also use this to keep track of the wines I currently have.