A local magazine was having a cookie recipe contest, so of course I wanted to enter! It’s an unusually chilly summer day today, and it’s raining, so I think I came up with these because they remind me of fall. (Update: I was runner-up in the cookie contest!)
Spiced Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place pecans in a bowl.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and tsp salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour pecans in a single layer onto parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until they pecans are toasted.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar using a mixer on medium speed until the mixture gets light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating to combine.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture ¼ cup at a time.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet, about 1 tbsp per cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.