A local magazine was having a cookie recipe contest, so of course I wanted to enter! It’s an unusually chilly summer day today, and it’s raining, so I think I came up with these because they remind me of fall. (Update: I was runner-up in the cookie contest!)
Spiced Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- 2¼ cups pecan halves
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 sticks butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place pecans in a bowl.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and tsp salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour pecans in a single layer onto parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until they pecans are toasted.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar using a mixer on medium speed until the mixture gets light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating to combine.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture ¼ cup at a time.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet, about 1 tbsp per cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.